School-Leaving Beat School-Leaving Beat

Having seen all the show...

It was a great song, which fitted really well with the lyrics which Marc did. I think you should do some other hip-hop songs since you have a great talent :) Keep it up and I'll surely miss our conversations at school...take care steph ;)

Step responds:

You too man. Glad you liked it. Also I LOVED the song you did for school-leaving. Really good stuff; you should submit it.

Hope we can still keep in touch!

Pre-Battle Tension Pre-Battle Tension

Not bad...

Quite a good try, especially the percussion. Stormdrum is great!! Although this doesn't use a full orchestration, still the full brass and string chord should be heard at 0.40. Writing at unisons and octaves is not enough to build tension sometimes, and a better chord progression maybe should be used. (just a suggestion)

The rest is quite good, especially the way the loop is created and the intensity given to the percussion and ambient sounds. 4/5, 8/10. Keep it up steph... ;)

Step responds:

Thanks! Didn't work too hard on this, so don't expect too much xD.

That being said I agree about the chord progression. Glad you like the percussion, and thanks for the review, man!

-:: Jungle Ambush ::- -:: Jungle Ambush ::-

Great percussion...

I think that's stormdrum, it has such a great percussion, and the ambience is very well set. Keep it up mate!

Agitat0r responds:

thanks a lot! Yeah, I guess it was Stormdrum and RA instruments. Later he revealed there are two instruments that real experimental, which surprised me.

JBI - Call to arms JBI - Call to arms

Nice...

Really epic and nice melody. Perfect for an epic story in a film.
Maybe sometimes a bit repetitive, but still it was woth it. Keep it up!

-Orr- LARRY: City of Karryon -Orr- LARRY: City of Karryon

Geat piece!

It seems that you worked hard in this piece, as usual(lol). Very sweet, and at the same time epic!! Keep it up!!

-RG- In a Teardrop -RG- In a Teardrop

Great work in the developing of the song...

The drums shouldn't do so much transitions, and maybe you can stick to just maybe 1 or 2 ryhtms, and not always changing styles. This should make the song more realistic, and the listener will be interested only in the main theme, and not in the "always changing" drum transition. Also, I think I think EQ on the drum wave should be done, to balance its hits.

So I gave you 9 since you seem to have spent a lot of time working on this...

In other words... congratulations and just keep it up. I hope that I can post my future compositions, and that you both comment and rate. Thx.

Raven-Guard responds:

Wow, that's a long review. Thanks!

"Congratulations on how you created sense to the (maybe) sometimes a bit repetetive theme; you seemed to have spent some time on how to develop the song, and it paid off very well I should say!!

Yay for good structure :D. Darklight17 worked on the structure and stuff, since I personally suck at making song structures.

"From 2:00 till 2:35 the drums seems to be a bit more prominent than the main theme and than the other instruments such as the brass and strings mainly."

Sorry, that's me and my volume-craze :3.

"The drums shouldn't do so much transitions, and maybe you can stick to just maybe 1 or 2 ryhtms, and not always changing styles. This should make the song more realistic, and the listener will be interested only in the main theme, and not in the "always changing" drum transition."

Hmm, I don't really agree with you here :P. I think in real life, rock drums get varied even more than in this song with loads of drum transitions from one beat to another. At least from what I heard, but then again, I didn't hear many different songs, so you're probably right.

"Also, I think I think EQ on the drum wave should be done, to balance its hits."

Definitely, you're 100% right. I slacked off a bit on EQing this time xD.

"About the instruments: the instruments used combine well with each other, maybe some choirs with your wordbuilder should be added, to make it sound more epic. If you do this, you should reduce the volume of the drums, and make the choirs more prominent at times(Just a recommendation, now that you have Symphonic Choirs)...lol."

Lol, Darklight17 thought about adding choirs but we were too anxious to submit this lol. Oh well, maybe next time.

"So I gave you 9 since you seem to have spent a lot of time working on this..."

Thanks man. Yep, we did :P.

"In other words... congratulations and just keep it up. I hope that I can post my future compositions, and that you both comment and rate. Thx"

Yeah I hope so too. I really need to repay you for all the help you've given me.

Thanks again!
Supersteph54

Against the Clock (WiP) Against the Clock (WiP)

Good attempt...

It's quite a good attempt... especially when you need to build on it.

Some Improvements might be:

Use more the Orchestra instruments with the bass, and with the techno stuff. It would surely blend well.

Make a climax to the song. In this way, your song would sound more "interesting".

In general it's quite a good song. Keep working steph... if you want i can then help you... you know how..

--rcvtk--

Step responds:

Yeah this was a bit of an experiment, so I agree with you on those suggestions. I'm also thinking of adding the climax, yeah.

Thanks for the review, and SUBMIT SOME STUFF NAO!!! XD

D17 - Minutes to Midnight D17 - Minutes to Midnight

Good attempt

It was quite a good attempt, at trying to make this type of music... sort of trailer music, which is one of the most difficult genres to compose. The story is really imaginative, and the music blends well.

You could have increased a little bit the tension in the part when the choirs enter... maybe by adding more bass or strings tremolos. Anyway, good attempt, especially when it's the first time using EWQL Symphonic Choirs. I know what it means!!

--rcvtk--

Echo responds:

Hehe, the choirs are really hard to use. I think i've gotten the hang of them now though.

The second part could've used a bit more of a tensiony feel true, ill keep it in mind ;)

Tks for the review!

Darklight17

Orchestral Theme 2 Orchestral Theme 2

Great Professionality

You seem to have passed quite a lot time working on the epic piece, and it really payed off. You are the best film style music composer on ng, and who knows maybe in the future... Keep up the good work mate...
---
rcvtk

Gravey responds:

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind words. :-)

-Gravey-

Journey Through Time (INC) Journey Through Time (INC)

Nice...

It's an interesting piece, and you used a nice harmonic sequence. Keep it up. Just a question. Are you interested in maybe upgrading to east west or vienna instruments... that would surely help you... anyway, keep it up, and best wishes...
----